The Barn Nursery carries organic and natural products for your garden and landscaping needs. Organic gardening means choosing organic and naturally derived products as opposed to synthetic (man-made) or chemical products.
Why is Organic Important?
At The Barn Nursery, we are committed to promoting innovations in organic gardening. The benefits are numerous including:
- Simple and Effective Approach – No need to don protective safety gear and natural approach mimics the natures way of growing plant
- Peace of Mind – Promotes life within the soil, coupled with the fact that it is people, pet, and planet friendly
- Postivie Impact – Promotes the health of our air, waterways and planet.
Our friends at Gardner & Bloome Organics have recently sent us a couple of wonderful brochure’s that we wanted to pass along.
An Organic Education – Let’s Talk Organics | 2 MB
What’s in the Bag – About Sustainable Product they offer | 4.3 MB
The Barn Nursery carries organic and natural products for your garden and landscaping needs. Organic gardening means choosing organic and naturally derived products as opposed to synthetic, man-made or chemical products.
- Mason Bees – To aid in pollination
- Ladybugs – Alive and ready to release. The Ladybug larvae babies are hungrier for aphids than the Ladybugs.
- Praying Mantis – Cocoons to hatch your own praying mantis for aphid control
- Nematodes – put in soil to control grubs and cutworms
Learn More about Beneficial Insects
Organic Insect and Disease Control
- Insecticidal Soaps
- Neem Oil
- Iron Phosphate
- Rosemary Oil
Organic Weed Control
- Citric Acid
- Clove Oil
Conventional weed control products:
- Moss Out
- Stump Remover
- Brush & Bramble Control
- Deer – Egg and Garlic Spray; Blood based
- Dogs and Cats – Cinnamon, Cedar, Clove Oil ;Spray or Granules
- Moles – Castor Oil – Liquid Spray or Granules
- Birds – Netting, Sticky bird repellent for window sills and roof peaks, Owls and Holographic Flag Tape
Organic Soil Amendments
Organic gardening means choosing organic and naturally-derived products as opposed to man-made synthetic or chemical products.
- Compost is an amendment that can be mixed into existing soil to improve its condition.
- Mulch helps to improve water retention in the soil for stronger plants and prevents weeds, thus reducing the need for chemical controls.
- Gardner & Bloome is an excellent brand of organic soil amendments: Potting soil, Planting Mix, Soil Building Compost, Farmyard Blend, and Worm Castings.
- Dr. Earth Fertilizers are ‘ProBiotic’ meaning they have beneficial soil microbes and mycorrhizae added to the fertilizer to help your plants grow healthier. Available in 4lb to 40 lb size bags. Organic plant foods are blended to feed specific nutrients. There are also single nutrients available such as Fish Bone Meal, Cotton Seed, Alfalfa, Blood meal, Kelp and others to blend your own food.
- Down to Earth is another good choice for organic amendments.
For bulk quantities of any gardening/landscaping supplies, to include mulch, soil, soil amendments, bark, stone, gravel and sand, please visit our sister company Great Western Supply. Just down the street from us, Great Western Supply’s products and services truly make this a one stop shopping trip for you. Get what you went to grow from us, and what you need to grow it in from Great Western.